Wednesday, March 26, 2008

More SoCal

"I'd like to rest my heavy head tonight
On a bed of California stars
I'd like to lay my weary bones to rest tonight
On a bed of California stars"
-Woody Guthrie

After my meetings ended in Long Beach, I drove (took car service, actually) down to San Diego for the weekend to visit Tommy and Kristin. This was my 3rd trip to San Diego in 5 1/2 years. And my reaction when I've arrived each time is "it's just WRONG for people to live here." Breathtaking sea views, abundant sunshine and palm trees galore conspire to create an unbelievable scenario. I'm not planning a move or anything but am admittedly somewhat jealous of people who get to experience this everyday.

Tommy and Kristin just moved into a different beach cottage in the Ocean Beach neighborhood. The house is not yet Architectural Digest-ready, but presumably will be by my next visit (I saw the floorplans).

View from Tommy & Kristin's new house. If you look past the big palm tree, that's the ocean.


Pier in Ocean Beach, the longest pier on the West coast.


Waiting on a wave. These surfers look like seals in the water.

Had massive sushi dinner Friday night at Umi. Saturday we went up to Carlsbad and drove back down the coast on Route 101. Ate lunch by the beach at Las Olas in Cardiff-by-the-Sea. Saw cute towns like Del Mar, and the day trip ended in Coronado. Went to the Gaslamp Quarter downtown for dinner Saturday at Neighborhood, a somewhat upscale burger joint. Loved the art (oil paintings of people eating hamburgers and a gigantic greyscale tile mosaic of the San Diego skyline). Saw "The Bank Job," a pretty entertaining action flick. Enjoyed Easter breakfast outside Sunday morning and then was time to fly home.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home