Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cuidad de Mexico

I had to change planes in Mexico City on the way back to NYC, so I decided to stay for a couple of nights. Why not?

The hotel
I stayed at Condesa DF, a design hotel that's a few years old. It's a 1920s building that was gutted, but its facade was kept intact. It only has 40 rooms, which were pretty nice and comfortable. Constant scene. There was even a breakfast scene!! I've never encountered a morning scene before, though frankly I would have preferred less of a scene and more hot coffee at breakfast.

The hotel plan is somewhat open-air; all the rooms overlook a central area: upstairs is a rooftop bar, and there's a ground floor restaurant dining room. Anyway you look at it, it's loud. I live on 14th Street, so I'm used to noise, but this would probably be a big pain in the ass on weekend nights.

Hotel exterior.


View of hotel's interior courtyard from my patio. The white panels create privacy for guests, but they're also shifted/rotated during the day to block glare from the sun.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home