Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Ah, la playa

"I'm eating right and living good
Doing everything I said I would
I should have left a long time ago
Who needs you, I've got Mexico"
- Country song by Eddy Raven that was a hit in the early 1980s

The background
I had carry-over vacation from last year that had to be used by the end of March. I found myself in desperate need of a beach holiday and wanted one involving as few American tourists as possible. A couple of guys I know had been to Puerto Escondido and liked it, so I booked a trip and went the 1st week of March...

Puerto Escondido ("Hidden Port") is on the Pacific side of Mexico, pretty far south and fairly close to Gautemala. It's a small town that's known as one of the best/most difficult surfing spots in North America.

My travelling companions
Just me. My first solo vacation!

Other travelers

1/2 surfers and backpackers in their early 20s
1/4 Mexican families on vacation and miscellaneous Canadian, Italian, Danish, French and German tourists
1/4 American retirees in their 60s stopping by the beach for a couple of days while touring Oaxaca
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home