Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Day 7 - Denouement

Had brunch at Eureka, then we went to the de Young art museum. They currently have a good photography exhibit of David Semour’s work, which includes some shots of a young Joan Collins (way before Dynasty!) We also had tea in Golden Gate Park’s Japanese tea garden. Shani & I also went to the Ferry Building on Embarcadero to check out the shops and consume some wine and cheese. And then I packed up and took the red-eye back to NY.

Structures in the Japanese tea garden.


Love amid the bonsai.


Corner of the Golden Gate Park bandshell.

No complaints about my trip. I hadn’t seen Michael since Sri Lanka, so it was nice to hang out with him. However, SF is weird. Parts of the city and surrounding areas are extremely beautiful, with postcard-worthy views everywhere you turn. Yet this was my 4th time in SF, and unfortunately I've never vibed with the city or been able to establish an emotional connection with it. So I predict I'll be back again to visit Shani & Mike, but at this point I don't expect my opinion of the city to change.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home