Thursday, November 08, 2007

Very cheesy

Last night I went to Caselulla, a small cheese & wine café that opened in Hell’s Kitchen about 6 months ago. From the restaurant’s name, I assumed we’d be ordering cheese plates & drinking wine. However, in addition to cheese flights, they also offer a dinner menu with sandwiches and salads, etc. I was dining with four other people, and theoretically we were supposed to be sharing. But I must say, the food really tested my self-control/sharing abilities. Mac & cheese was ridiculous. It contained carmelized onions, which gave it a slightly sweet taste. Bread pudding (served with bacon & maple syrup) was also very ridiculous. I’m Southern; I know bread pudding; this was good bread pudding. We also got the “Pig’s Ass Sandwich.” Not my favorite dish, but it was fun to order. Service was great, and our waiter was extremely knowledgeable. Looking forward to a repeat visit to this cozy place during the winter months...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm, mac and cheese!

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home