Monday, November 05, 2007

100% pure marathon

As I've stated before, the marathon is one of my favorite NYC events. This year I had an epiphany: going to Brooklyn to watch the race is much easier than schlepping to the Upper East Side. So I took the L train one stop to Williamsburg yesterday to watch the runners around Mile 11. Admittedly, First Avenue in Manhattan has crazy energy and crowds 6 people deep. However Bedford Avenue was much more chill: no police barricades; you simply stand on the curb and cheer. Rather refreshing. I was really glad I found this new vantage point.

Paula Radcliffe, the female winner, in her 1st marathon since giving birth in January. Um, yeah.


There's nothing more humbling than having an amputee who's in the middle of a marathon stop to thank you for cheering, while you're sitting on your ass drinking a cup of coffee.


Crazy Swiss fan base in an apt. building near where I was standing. They had cowbells.


Saw some funny costumes. This was one of my faves: German guy running with a "beer."
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home