Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Retail therapy

I’ll admit, I kinda like shopping in malls. Probably because I prefer to look at everything, then go back and try stuff on, and finally return a 3rd time to purchase things. This strategy isn’t practical in NYC so I’ve abandoned it for the most part. However, I can return to my old habits when I’m home.

I went to Oglethorpe Mall in Savannah on Wednesday, and bought some shoes, earrings, tank tops and sunglasses. I could actually see the merchandise in the stores, and no other customers were jostling me. Novel concepts!

I’m not a “bargain shopper” by any means. Basically I don’t have the time or patience to deal. However I found 2 good buys on Wednesday:
1) A tailored velveteen jacket I saw at Mint in November. It was still in the store & was marked down 75%. (I guess there's an upside to being the weird girl who’s interested in velveteen when it’s almost 90 degrees outside.)
2) Two little purses at Walgreen’s for $5. (Normally I wouldn’t discuss what I paid for something or admit to purchasing fashion accessories at a drugstore, but... 2 purses for $5!)


The latest additions to my handbag collection.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home