Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Headed south

Flew into Savannah on April 1. My mom & aunt picked me up at the airport, and we headed down to St. Simons Island for a few days.


Aerial shot of the Savannah River & its estuaries from the plane.

Stayed on the beach at the King and Prince. Temps were in the 80s and the sun was pretty intense, so it was nice to hang out by the pool Monday. Visited family friends who recently moved into a new house overlooking the marsh and also gave birth to twin daughters. Lots of life changes since last year!


Mural of the marshes Mrs. Minnie G painted in Greer & Laura’s house.

Saw Blades of Glory. It had some laughs (expected, given Will Ferrell and Jon Heder, the man who brought us Napoleon Dynamite). And there were some really good cameos from actual/former professional ice skaters: Scott Hamilton, Brian Boitano, Nancy Kerrigan. However, Will Ferrell's body is shown a lot in the movie. I say use his less-than-stellar physique once for a laugh; no need for him to be shirtless in every other scene.

Since it’s been over 4 months since I’ve been in GA, I had some Southern food cravings to satiate. Checked out “old” places like Gnat's Landing (which lived up to its name since we experienced some sand gnats during dinner at an outdoor table). We also tried some places that were new to me: Beachcomber (had the pulled pork sandwich, which was actually pretty tasty. But I always feel like I’m cheating on a boyfriend when I eat BBQ anywhere other than Vandy’s) and Delaney's Bistro (good sauteed crab cakes).
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home