Sunday, March 18, 2007

Walk like an Egyptian

Went to see the King Tut exhibit before I left. Perhaps it’s because my mom’s a Social Studies teacher/National Geographic junkie or because I vaguely remember some of the Tut-mania of the 70s, but admittedly I’ve been pretty obsessed with seeing King Tut for over a year. When we had research in Florida last year, the exhibit was in Ft. Lauderdale. However the allure of spending a few more hours at the beach in Miami ultimately won out over a morning in a museum. And I knew that the exhibit was eventually coming to Philadelphia… which brings us to today.

My favorite piece was the coffin for someone believed to be King Tut’s great grandmother. Overall, the exhibit was actually smaller than I expected, but I was really astounded by:
- The pristine condition of some of the artifacts. I mean, they’re 3000 years old and they looked better than the furniture in my apt.
- The detail of the artifacts. Really, really intricate carvings and inlay work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home