Monday, June 12, 2006

Busy, boozy weekend

Casey was visiting from Boston this weekend. We had drinks at Satsko, followed by dinner at Pylos, a cute Greek place in my neighborhood. Everything was tasty. The ceiling of the main dining room is covered by scores of clay pots/pitchers (a cool design element, though I briefly wondered how secure they were fastened to the ceiling). Margarita nightcap at Yuca Bar, which wasn't the smartest move.

Attempted to recover on Saturday morning. The Picture played an afternoon show at Union Pool in Williamsburg, so I motivated to that. Union Pool is actually an old swimming pool supply store that's been converted into a bar & performance space. It also has an outdoor garden. The show was good, and the space was interesting. So there could have been worse ways to spend an afternoon. After seeing the band, I met Shani at Dumont Burger for a mini-burger snack and a couple of beers. Would have walked home over the bridge, but it was way too breezy. Had dinner and too much sake at Kasadela. My heart belongs to Satsko, but there are many good things to say about Kasadela's black edamame and rock shrimp tempura. Went home and watched Matchpoint, which was well-done (but I probably could have done without staying up til 3 am).

Sunday, I got up and did the usual coffee/bagel/paper in the park, ran some errands and straightened up my apt. 1492 had a little party in the afternoon to celebrate summer and the official opening of their garden, so I stopped by for a glass of sangria and snacks. Satsko was entertaining some sake makers from Japan Sunday night, so we stopped by to meet them and sample their sakes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home