Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Goodbye, Shelley

My trip home has been marred by some incredibly sad news: I got a call Friday night that my former creative director Shelley passed away.

I worked with Shelley for 5 years when I first moved to NY, and respected and cared for her a great deal. She taught me infinite lessons of poise and grace, and was also a good example for women on how to have a successful career while also being a loving wife and mother.

I have lots of memories with Shelley (including trips to Houston and hanging out around the agency). However, I bumped into Shelley in Grand Central last Dec. when I was headed to CT. I knew she was fighting colon cancer, but she looked absolutely amazing & was charming as always. I'm glad this is my last image of her... for now I'd much rather think of her as catching a train home to Westchester vs. being gone for good.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

12:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home