Monday, April 10, 2006

Day for Night

Friday after work I went to the Whitney with Sherri to see the Biennial. The Whitney is my favorite art museum in NY, and the Biennial is typically its best exhibit. This year's collection was very dark and intense. However, it's all contemporary art... so I suppose it's challenging to be whimsical given the war in Iraq and everything else that's happening in the US. The tabla artist Suphala was performing downstairs.

Sat. night I went to an engagement party for my creative director at my boss's house in Westchester. Very fun party. Lychee martinis and champagne with pomegranate for cocktail hour(s) and then a buffet Thai dinner. Came back into the City for Jen's birthday party, which was at a relatively new Egyptian lounge, Moomia. This place was OK. Although there was a woman there trying to enforce a door policy/list, which was very silly for Chinatown bar.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home