Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Roofies happen

One afternoon in Cabo during happy hour, Brian and I were chatting with a couple from Louisiana and a man from Texas. The guy from Louisiana went up to the bar and bought another round (that we didn't ask for) and apparently spiked our drinks.

The people were asking me & Brian to go on their yacht. We said no, and they left. The husband came back for a 2nd effort, we still said no, and he actually left the bar. And a few minutes later Brian and I became seriously impaired. Miraculously, we made it back to the hotel, but were knocked out for several hours. So perhaps my monster tolerance saved me from real trouble by making me appear OK long enough for the creep to give up and go away.

The moral of this story is to be very wary of drinks given to you by strangers (and don't leave your drinks unattended either). Roofies are not something that happen to Freshman girls at their 1st frat party... they happened to me in a crowded, upscale beach bar in broad daylight. Consider yourselves warned!

2 Comments:

Blogger TiffyMama said...

OMG! Are you serious? That's so scary and it's good you didn't go with some strangers that spiked your drinks. Lesson learned.

9:31 AM  
Blogger newyawk2000 said...

shit...

12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home