Monday, March 20, 2006

If I cooked, I might buy groceries here

In a somewhat bizarre fashion, NYers get really excited when a new grocery store opens. The first Manhattan Trader Joe's opened Friday in my neighborhood. I only recently heard about this chain of stores... apparently they are popular. I popped in Saturday afternoon. It has the potential to be an interesting store; it was just way too crowded that day.

There's a 3-story Whole Foods only a couple of blocks away; will be interesting to see how Trader Joe's changes its dynamic.

Update: Due to the overwhelming influx of patrons, Trader Joe's has had to resort to crowd control... they are now limiting the # of people who can be in the store at one time, and scores of people wait outside for the ability to be able to enter. Guys, IT'S A GROCERY STORE!!

1 Comments:

Blogger newyawk2000 said...

So sad. I have been shopping at TJ's for years but alas there is none in Leesburg.

12:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home