Monday, February 27, 2006

All in the 'hood

On Friday, Robyn invited me to a drinks with some of her fellow AdCenter grads. As it turns out, because this industry is so small & incestuous, I already knew all of them except one! Went to Hi-Fi, a bar near my apt. Extensive jukebox; good happy hour specials, and a lot less dive-y than I expected. Then we had dinner at Paprika, my favorite neighborhood Italian. The veal ravioli never disappoints!

Sat. I ran errands. Had dinner with Duck at Mercadito. They have a citrus margarita with habanero pepper and great guacamole. Muy caliente! We tried to have dessert at Chikalicious, but there was a queue outside (despite the fact that it was in the 20s with 30 mph winds). So we wound up checking out the Blue Owl, a new lounge-y bar that opened about 2 weeks ago. In true East Village fashion, the bar is downstairs from an Asian foot rub place, and adjacent to a Pakistani deli and a Polish restaurant. Met the owner, Ashley. It was pretty cool, but I would prefer to go back on a school night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home