Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Not a small canoe

Went down to GA this wknd. Friday night in Atlanta wound up being an Evening with the Guys. With minimal advanced planning, was able to have dinner at La Fonda with Nora and 3 of my guy friends.

Sat. headed up to Joseph’s cabin at Big Canoe. Although I grew up in GA, I'm pretty unfamiliar with North Georgia, and 11+ years of living in Manhattan hasn’t exactly endeared me to nature! Though I admittedly had some anxiety while we were driving to the cabin, it was truly lovely when we got there.

Spent lots of QT with Jan and Nora: Cooking, drinking, building fires, and playing some board games. Even though the temperatures were pretty chilly, they were still warmer than NY. We braved the weather Sunday for a little hike – there are a couple of beautiful waterfalls near the cabin that made the trek worth it. The cabin has multiple porches/decks with some amazing views, so we're hoping to go back again in a season when it’s more appropriate for being outside.

Went to Reshma’s house Monday, saw her dad and Jay, and then went out for a “Big Girl” lunch. So, all in all, it was a great long wknd. I felt like I really had a rest/break from my normal routine, and more importantly, was able to visit with my college friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home