Monday, February 13, 2006

Got snow?



The weather outside is frightful
But the space heater inside’s delightful
With nowhere to safely go
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Heard the blizzard warning Friday, so I ran errands and actually bought food Sat. morning. The snow started in NY around 4 pm Sat., began sticking that night then finally stopped around 3 pm Sunday.

Final count - 26.9 inches. The largest snowfall ever in NYC. Even larger than the one my first winter here when I didn’t leave the apt. for 3 days because I thought the snow would gobble me up and my family would never hear from me again.

Although I’m no longer a snow virgin, I was still perfectly content to hunker down in my apt. this weekend and watch movies: Casablanca, Citizen Kane, and Cake (a Lifetime movie). Dichotomy is everything!

Tyke in photo is Aidan; Nikki took this pic Sunday near their apt. in Westchester. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home