Thursday, July 10, 2008

Melancholy, with good reason

At a rooftop bar last summer, I met a group of Ohio State alums Grace knew. We had some drinks, some laughs and some decent conversation. As I went home that night, I was really happy. I thought, these folks are so nice and so fun. They’re the embodiment of the phrase “good people.” In NYC you meet interesting characters, but you don’t necessarily want to hang out with them again! However whenever Grace would meet up with those guys for a happy hour, she would invite me & I would be very glad to join in the revelry.

Sadly one of those guys, Lee, died of a heart attack Wednesday at the age of 41.


I’m still processing this news. Lee & I were social acquaintances at best, but I can confidently say that he brought great joy to everyone around him (myself included). He will be missed.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home