Saturday, June 07, 2008

Atlanta: Get behind the wheel

Even though I hadn’t planned to spend 8 days in Atlanta, I certainly could have been in worse places. When I wasn't with my aunt, I did manage to shop & spend time quality time with old friends. Special thanks to Nora for letting me stay in her townhouse on basically no notice. And I am happy to report that I successfully drove (and parked) a rental car all week with no fender benders!!

Food & alcohol-related adventures:
- Happy Hour at Uncle Julio’s, where the signature drink is the “Swirl,” a blend of frozen margarita and frozen sangria. I should have known this was a dangerous way to start an evening…
- Drinks outside at TAP in Midtown
- Dinner at Eclipse di Luna
- Sunday brunch at OK Cafe

Spotted:
- Cee-Lo of Gnarls Barkely fame in a parking lot in Buckhead, presumably after getting take-out from a Lebanese restaurant
- CT from the Real World at Front Page News in Midtown one Friday night
- Mario Batali & Michael Stipe having dinner two banquettes over from ours in Elettaria in the West Village back in April. (OK, so I’m obviously behind on blogging, but that sighting was too good to not mention!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home