Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Chicago: The foggy city

Flew to Chicago from New Orleans Monday night for work. Stayed downtown on Michigan Avenue. Before my meetings started Tuesday, I took a boat tour that highlights the city’s architecture. This was pretty cool. I didn’t realize the river runs through so much of downtown Chicago. (I suppose when I usually go to Chicago, it’s either too cold or I’m too busy to wander around.) My tour companions were a bunch of European tourists and a group of 8th graders who were surprisingly very well-behaved.

The Tribune tower, home of the Chicago Tribune.


Some interesting townhomes on the river.

After 90-degree weather with 90% humidity in New Orleans, Chicago was rainy and in the 60s. And there was this intense fog that lasted for 3 days. Not sure I’ve ever seen anything like that, even in San Francisco.

View of a parking deck from my hotel room. What up, fog?
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home