Thursday, April 24, 2008

Deep-fried Monday

I was reading a write-up about the National Underground, Gavin DeGraw's new-ish club on the Lower East Side, and I noticed Kevn Kinney was scheduled to play there Monday night. I went to my share of drivin' n' cryin' concerts in high school, so it seemed rude to not stop by and have a listen. The opening band, Madison Square Gardeners, also backed Kevn, so his set had more rock to it than I was expecting. I haven't seen Kevn play live in 17 years (it pains me to type that), but the music seemed really comfortable and familiar. Maybe because I have all of MacDougal Blues on my iPod. Or maybe because it’s just that kind of music. Anyway, it was a fun time. Gail and Leigh joined me. They are not country music fans, but they really enjoyed show. And Gail learned what a pedal steel guitar is.

You know you're in an intimate music venue when... I didn't use the zoom on my camera when taking this picture.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home