Wednesday, February 06, 2008

One of those things


My middle school counselor Miss Beaver died two weeks ago from a heart attack. She was an endless source of encouragement and motivation to me during a time when I really needed support from someone other than my parents. After I heard of her passing, I pulled "Oh, the places you'll go!" from the bookcase in my bedroom. Miss Beaver gave it to me when I graduated from high school, and she wrote a beautiful inscription on the inside cover. This book travelled with me to college and onto NYC. On dark days when I wondered what the hell I was doing here, I would read the book (and her note). I haven't looked at his book in a very long time, nor have I seen or spoken to Miss Beaver. But her input definitely helped make me the person I am today. I will miss her, as will the countless others whose lives she touched.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home