Friday, March 02, 2007

All Asian, all the time

A couple of Thursdays ago, I went to Mai House, a new Vietnamese restaurant in Tribeca. The person who invited me is known in the house, so I was able to meet the chefs. They sent out lots of food, including some dishes that aren’t on the menu. Good food, nice atmosphere, fun dining experience.
Spotted: Mario Batali having dinner in the booth behind us.

In case you’re wondering, things aren’t always fabulous every time I leave the house. Went down to Chinatown last Saturday night for Chinese New Year. There wasn’t an event or parade that day; however, I was disappointed that it wasn’t more festive overall in the neighborhood. Had dinner at Oriental Garden. The staff was yelling, and I almost got elbowed in the face a couple of times as servers cleared the table. The environment was pretty hectic/stressful, and the food didn’t change my life. So there you have it.

This is the Year of the Pig. I was born in the Year of the Ox. I found a website that explains the characteristics of the different Chinese Zodiac signs. Essentially, I think I have the traits associated with my sign. Though the site says Ox people “make skilled surgeons, generals and hairdressers.” I thought this was funny. But I guess I am a bit of a drill sergeant in the office …

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home