Tuesday, February 20, 2007

I was hungry

Gave Tina the link to my blog & she was surprised I write so much about food. What can I say? A lot of the NYC social scene is structured around eating & drinking. I don’t feel like a food snob, but we all need to eat (and I don’t want to/can’t cook). Won’t bore you with the play-by-play of every meal for the past 2 weeks, but here are the highlights:

  • Latest installment of DOG was Dennis Foy, a Tribeca new-comer. News flash: I didn’t get lost in the neighborhood this time. Solid meal. Stand-outs were actually the appetizers: gnocchi + a crab tian.
    Spotted: Tim Zagat sitting at the table next to us.
  • Rocking Horse Café in Chelsea. Have been wanting to go for several years, and I finally did. Margaritas = fiesta!
  • The Grammys are cheesy. That’s a given. But paired with the premiere of a new Justin Timberlake video? Very cheesy. What better way to celebrate than with cheese fondue? Rick served it up with some sautéed mushrooms mixed in for good measure. We also had chocolate fondue for dessert. Valentine’s Day brought a little reprise (more cheese fondue) and the chocolate was resurrected in the form of a chocolate bread pudding. Hey now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home