Sunday, January 21, 2007

I am not a muchacho

Got suckered into going out Thursday. Started off at Doc Holliday’s. Have always walked past but never gone in. Solid juke box with classic country & Sam Cooke, PBR tall boys, tater tots… obviously I have been missing out on this gem right by my apt. Also hit relatively new place 40C and went dancing at old fave Baraza.

Stopped by Flatiron Lounge for a drink after work Friday. Ordered glogg, one of their winter drinks. And believe me, all you need is one.

Sat. was a GastroSnobs outing; we went to Caracas, a Venezuelan restaurant in the 'hood. Yummy guac and plantain chips to start. Ordered two arepas: De Pabellon (beef, black beans, plantains and cheese) and La De Los Muchachos (chorizo, cheese, jalapenos and peppers). I love hot food, but the muchacho arepa was so spicy it kicked my ass.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home