Saturday, November 25, 2006

Dawn at La Guardia

I went online last Friday to check in for my flight home and discovered my direct flight to Savannah had been cancelled and I'd been rebooked in a way that had me spending all day in the Atlanta airport. Thanks, Delta! I should've learned my lesson last Christmas, but for some inexplicable reason I keep buying more tickets. After spending over an hour on the phone with agents, I managed to change my ticket to avoid a long layover in Atlanta, but my departing flight left La Guardia before 7 am. The fact that I had a super-early flight was reinforced when I left my apt. Saturday morning to hail a cab to the airport and people were still milling around streets from partying Friday night. Mercifully, the flights to GA were uneventful. Had fried shrimp for lunch at Johnny Harris, and then I slept for about 2 days. Not sure if it was getting a flu shot & acupuncture Friday, the 4 am wake-up Saturday, or just the ability to sleep in my old bed in a quiet house... But I was laid out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home