Monday, August 14, 2006

Living large in the new crib

Took Amtrak to Washington Friday, then rode the MARC (Maryland commuter) train to Point of Rocks, MD. I fell asleep on the MARC train, and when I woke up I was surprised to see red barns, cows and cornfields out the window. Tina & Ed are now living in Leesburg,VA and this was my 1st trip down since they moved. Leesburg is a charming little town surrounded by farms; it actually reminds me of Brooklet, GA. In any case, it's not obviously suburban DC. Their new house is huge: 4 bedrooms upstairs, 2 offices, 2 TV rooms, living room, dining room, etc. There were 13 house guests this weekend, and no one was tripping over anyone else. It's kinda wild to think of my friends having this much living space. Their kitchen is the practically the size of my entire apt. Tina and Ed's baby shower was Sat afternoon. Good crowd of their friends, most of whom I haven't seen in 3 years since their wedding. After the party, we went to the neighborhood pool, and later just hung out and played Taboo. Took the train back to NYC late Sunday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home