Monday, August 14, 2006

Fleeting days of summer

And just like that, it's 70 when I walk to work now instead of 90. Sadly, summer seems to be winding down. But here's what I did last week to make the most of what's left:

Pub grub and blueberries - Monday night, I met Shani in the West Village for an alfresco dinner at Ab's kitchen, I mean White Horse Tavern. Sam, the cameraperson for Ab's documentary (who's originally from Savannah) stopped by with some boxes of big blueberries freshly picked in Vermont.

Another quiet night out - Tuesday was Howard's birthday, and his friend Ally threw him a party in her loft. Met Charles for dinner later at Yuca Bar to hear about his recent trip to Sweden.

Return of the DOG - After a brief hiatus, Dining Out Group returned Wed night. We went to Peasant in NoLita. Peasant is a cozy Italian restaurant... would be great in colder weather. Lots of exposed brick, and you look into the kitchen and see the wood-burning ovens. To start, we had a duck foie gras on top of a roasted peach and some cheese melted inside proscuitto wraps (at least I think that's what we had; the menu was totally in Italian!). I had a rabbit lasagne with a cheese sauce for the main course. Everything was great, but we were too stuffed for dessert. Leaving the restaurant, we realized 3 of the 4 DOG restaurants to date are basically on the same block. Lots of great dining in Nolita!

Had 2 good celeb-sightings on Prince St. as I walked to dinner. Moby and Emmett from Season 2 of Project Runway. They were not together.

Later, I met Grace for a drink at Luna Park in Union Square Park. Major pick-up scene! Any girl who says it's hard to meet a guy in NYC should stop by here on a Wed. night in the summer. I'm not saying you will meet the best guy ever, but someone will definitely chat you up. However, I was feeling tired and fairly claustrophobic, so I actually went home before finishing my frozen margarita (the horror).

All Leos, all the time - Tara had her birthday party Thurs. night at Waikiki Wally's. Pretty good mai tais. Later Jen and I went around the corner to One and One for dinner.


Summer babies: Me, Danielle & Tara Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home