Tuesday, August 08, 2006

My canoe is way cooler than yours

Flew down to Atlanta Friday. My 9 am flight out of La Guardia took off at 1 pm due to a problem with the plane's navigational system. Once we landed at Hartsfield, it took about an hour for my checked suitcase to come out. So instead of being at Nora's house at 1 pm, I arrived at 5 pm - just in time for rush hour. Thanks, Delta!! However, Jan and Nora arrived at the MARTA station with a margarita for me, so I soon stopped complaining. We had dinner and then drove up to Joseph and Robert's cabin at Big Canoe.

All day Saturday we sat on a beachy area by the lake. This allowed for easy access to the pool and a rock water slide built into a mountain waterfall. The slide was fun, especially after a few beers!

This was our 2nd trip to Big Canoe. We went in February (very chilly). It was fun to sit by the fire, and we actually did some hiking then. However, this trip was much better... We are warm-weather girls: Lying in the sun, swimming and hanging out on the porch is much more our speed. I like Big Canoe; it is a very relaxing place. Living in NYC, I sometimes forget that so much nature exists. So thanks to Joseph for letting us use the cabin twice in a year.

Sunday we drove up to Dahlonega, the site of the U.S.'s 1st major gold rush. Despite growing up in GA, I'd never been here before. It is a cute little town. We pigged out at The Smith House for lunch and then did some shopping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home