Monday, May 08, 2006

Sea change

Obviously I'm obsessed with weather and the temperature. But this weekend was really nice, and it gave me the feeling that perhaps we've turned a corner. Hopefully there will be more "good weather" days ahead than not. A few first rites occurred Saturday:

  • I enjoyed my morning bagel, coffee and newspaper in the park vs. in my apt.
  • The neighborhood Latin musicians started their jam sessions in Tompkins Sq. Park
  • It was warm enough for me to leave my windows open
  • There was a need to compete for attention with other pedicured girls at the nail salon

I had a pretty mellow weekend overall, capped off by a walk through Chinatown and Tribeca yesterday afternoon. Had dinner at Bubby's and then met Robyn to see Marcellus Hall at the Knitting Factory. The harmonicas made me think of Austin.

1 Comments:

Blogger newyawk2000 said...

Being obsessed with the weather is part of being a northerner (you yankee!)

12:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home