Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Suffering through the Miami "winter"



I always underestimate the restorative power of the beach. Sleeping with the windows open and wearing tank tops & flip flops in January was unbelievable. NYC was warm last weekend, but definitely not this warm.

Went out with Duck’s cousin Nicole Sat. night for drinks at the Setai. Also saw my poker buddy Joe who just moved down to work at the country’s hottest ad shop Crispin Porter.

Walked past Miami Ink a few times. Nunez was working Sat. Cutie! Those guys are so busy; there was always handful of people waiting outside the shop.

Over Christmas I learned the Rubell family sold the Greenview, so this time I stayed at their other property, the Albion. It's a cool example of nautical art deco design.

Overall, it was a relaxing 2 days. Ate some Cuban food, did a fair amount of shopping. I think this was my 9th trip to South Beach; somehow I never get tired of the place. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Blogger newyawk2000 said...

I have thought about getting my nect tattoo at Miami Ink...a Buddha on my lower back but Ed doesn't want me to.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home