Monday, February 27, 2006

Don't feed the bears

I saw the documentary Grizzly Man when it was out in theatres last year & then saw it again this wknd on the Discovery Channel. It's about a guy named Timothy Treadwell who lived with grizzly bears in Alaska for 13 summers. When I saw the film originally, I thought this man was truly crazy. But I suppose that's too simplistic and also quite dismissive. He loved the bears and the wilderness, which is fine. Though he did all of these bizarro things to supposedly protect the bears, when they seemed to be doing pretty well on their own. After watching the film again, I now view him less as "crazy," and more as just completely out of touch with everyday reality and modern civilization.

1 Comments:

Blogger newyawk2000 said...

I agree! You do crazy stuff and eventually your time is up.

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home