Thursday, May 03, 2007

Lamest direct mail piece ever

Because I bought the Barber of Seville ticket, the Met wants me to buy more tickets. They’ve been waging a full-scale communication assault, using multiple channels: email, phone, and mail. Last week I received a package in my mailbox. Since it was from the Met and the envelope was so large (like 10x12), I assumed it contained some sexy marketing materials with striking photos of the performers, costumes & the sets to really convince people of what they’re missing out on by not having season tickets. Wrong. The envelope contained a letter, a return envelope, some address labels, and a 22-page brochure with spreads that look like this:

The intro copy reads “This booklet is designed to make ordering tickets as easy as possible.” How? By boring people into surrendering their credit card information? Is it me, or does this look like an SAT exam book?
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home