Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Doing brunch

I rarely brunch, mainly because committing to waking up, showering and being at a restaurant by a certain time on the weekend stresses me out. However I had two spontaneous brunches this weekend. Rick rang me after noon on Saturday, and we met up at the Park around 2:30pm. Previously I'd only been here at night for drinks. But the covered garden is such a pretty space. Why haven't I been eating here all along? After brunch, we hit a street fair on 8th Avenue (another sign of warm weather!)

I also had brunch with Gary and Marina Sunday at La Bottega in the Maritime hotel. Sadly the courtyard wasn't open (it was a little too breezy for outdoor dining). I walked around the Meatpacking District for a bit before I met them. When I first moved to NYC, this was a seedy neighborhood known for Hogs & Heifers, transvestite hookers, and actual meat processing. Now this area is so trendy and touristy. Oy. Change is good, but it can also be annoying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home