Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Honoring the Tauri

Crazy Tall Maria’s friends threw her a surprise birthday party Friday night at Puck Fair. Her mother, aunt and brother flew in from Minneapolis for the event. Maria is a fellow Ad Dawg, and when she interned in NYC 12 years ago, she crashed at my apartment for a couple of weeks. During this time, she agreed to model for a major NYC salon so she could get a free hair cut. She definitely got a cut; they took off several inches! At the party Friday, her mom and I reminisced about Maria crying for 2 days straight after the hair cut. Ah, the good old days.

Also went to Terry's birthday party on Friday. Originally it was supposed to take place in a cool West Village loft. Instead, due to some scheduling issues, it was held at this heinous Lower East Side bar. When I was walking into the bar, a bouncer told me to keep an eye on my purse. I must’ve given him a weird look, because he said "You should be safe inside, but just watch your bag." Nice! I found Terry to say hi, but didn't even stay long enough for a drink. The place was so jam-packed, I couldn't exit through the front door. I asked another bouncer to help get me out, and he showed me an alternate escape route through some sort of downstairs game room. When I left, people were actually standing in line outside waiting to get in. Ugh.

Went to Satsko for a nightcap. Normalcy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home