Monday, September 25, 2006

Assessment of Vancouver

Positives:
  • Compact, walk-able and pedestrian-friendly
  • Not much traffic
  • On the water
  • Good restaurants
  • Genuinely nice people
  • Very clean city

Drawbacks:
  • Weather. Milder than I expected, but it can be very chilly and damp. Therefore incredibly challenging for me.
  • Not enough racial diversity. I think I’ve seen fewer than 10 black people in my 3 weeks here, and most were at our TV casting calls.
  • Safety. In NY, you’re either in a good neighborhood or you’re not. Here, the scene changes block by block, and the streets are completely deserted in the evenings. Stumbling upon packs of hookers and homeless guys a couple of times taught me to not be alone or on foot at night, something that's never been a question for me in NYC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home