Friday, September 22, 2006

2nd time around

Wed. was a very rainy day. I went back to the Punjabi market and bought an outfit for Shani’s wedding reception and a bhangra CD. I also discovered a hole in the sole of my hiking shoe, so I bought another pair downtown. Back at the hotel, I ran into the art buyer and creatives, who’d been out in the rain all day doing a tech scout of the print locations to decide how they want to photograph them. We did some work in the lobby, then went out to dinner with the photographer and his crew. We returned to Cioppino’s. I had the sablefish this time; it is an awesome piece of fish there.

Thursday morning was the pre-production meeting for print, and we looked at wardrobe and props for the shoot. Had chowder for lunch at Rodney’s Oyster House with folks from another NY agency. I did some work, but was also able to get a manicure at Tranquility. This was a cute place; the owner used to manage Spa Belles in NY. For dinner we returned to Tojo’s. I was persuaded to have the omakase (chef’s choice tasting menu) this time. Everything was fresh, but I think my favorite thing was a roll with crab, prawns, scallops wrapped in an egg crepe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home