Thursday, September 14, 2006

What to wear

Went to Provence Marinaside for breakfast Wed. with a Client and the boys. Had a bagel with cream cheese and smoked salmon. I’ve also spotted a Jewish bagel shop that’s a Vancouver chain. The bagels are done traditionally - boiled then baked. None of the locations are by the hotel, but one is close to the production office. My anxiety has decreased knowing that there are decent bagels to be had in this city.

Spotted: A man I think was Michael Pena outside the Opus while I was waiting for a cab.

Went shopping in East Vancouver. There are lots of boutiques similar to the ones in the East Village and Lower East Side. Much more interesting than any shops I saw in downtown Vancouver. Bought a pair of boots at Umeboshi, and chatted with the store owner Stephanie. I walked about 30 blocks up Main St. into the city’s Indian neighborhood. There’s a “Punjabi market” that spans a few blocks. Several stores with really beautiful saris, lehngas and jewelry. I plan to go back to get some outfits for Shani’s wedding.

Wed. afternoon we had wardrobe at the production company, when the actors come in & get fitted for their clothes for the shoot.

We went out to dinner with the director and the production company to a Belgian restaurant, Chambar. I went for the steak frites and drank Pirrat. Tasty. The front room of the restaurant is pretty cozy and would be good for the winter. Though we were seated in the back (this dining room had vaulted ceilings) so the acoustics were tough for a party of 11 people.

Today, we had another wardrobe session in the morning. It’s rainy & in the 50s; my fleece pull-over made its Vancouver debut. After wardrobe, I came back to the hotel to rest and work.

Tired of eating in fussy restaurants for the past 7 nights, we had dinner at Dix BBQ and Brewery. I did not expect to find myself eating BBQ in Vancouver. I ordered the pulled pork with beans and creamed corn. Meat was good, but the sauce was weird. Everyone agreed; it wasn't just me being a Vandy's snob. The sauce was tomato-based, with coffee, maple syrup and onions (I asked). The blues music & the Red Truck beer were nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home