Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Some free time

Met with the clients at the Opus Sunday morning to determine the cast and locations for the print ads. Our creative director arrived late Saturday night so I spent Sunday hanging out with him and walking around the city. One neighborhood we visited was Gastown, which used to be the heart of Vancouver. Many of the stores are cheesy tourist shops, but Richard Kidd was a pretty cool boutique. Its bi-level space is an alleyway between two waterfront buildings that’s been enclosed in glass.

Sunday. night had dinner at Glowbal. Lots of satays and a tasting platter of appetizers to start, and then I had the halibut. Highlight of the dinner was Dave singing “Summer Lovin’” in Spanish.

Monday I got a massage at Spruce Body Lab. It was more of a deep tissue/sports massage, basically an hour concentrated on my back. I have been having some issues since the flight out here.

For dinner we went to C. The restaurant is located under the Granville Bridge, so it’s right on a little harbor. The boats are picturesque. Staring up at the bridge reminded me of being in DUMBO in Brooklyn. I had a warm lobster salad (served with candied trout, rhubarb and fennel) to start. The lobster was spicy, and this dish was really good. And then I had sablefish for the main course. Out here, it’s all about the fish! The presentation of food was quite artful here, even more so than West. However the waitstaff created a stiff, stuffy atmosphere which greatly limited the fun factor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home