Monday, April 17, 2006

Action-packed Saturday

Saturday, the Queen Mary 2 woke me up by blowing its horns as it pulled in to dock in Red Hook. The ship is 23 stories high and 4 football fields long, i.e. a really big cruise ship with a really loud horn.

Despite the rude awakening, I was glad to be up early and enjoy the day (it was sunny and in the upper 70s!) I went to Brooklyn to see Michael and Shani. Bought a few pairs of earrings. Shani wanted to practice her camera work, so she videotaped me - and like 100 Hasidic Jews - walking across the Williamsburg Bridge. I shudder to think where this footage will wind up.

Marina & Marla's gift shop/bakery, 3 Tarts, is now open. It's in Chelsea at 20th St. and 9th Ave. I stopped by Sat. afternoon to say hi (and have a lavender truffle and a bourbon pecan square).

There's another sake bar in my 'hood. So in the spirit of trying new things, Gail and I had dinner and spring sake at Kasadela. Everything was great... but then we felt guilty, so we went to Satsko to see Warren & Ricardo and ease our conscience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home