Saturday, December 15, 2007

Dia Siete - Ciao, Argentina

I give Buenos Aires two thumbs up, way up! Buenos Aires doesn’t have a high dazzle factor; there's no Eiffel Tower or Chrysler Building. It’s the kind of city you need to spend some time with to understand and appreciate.

- Portenos are friendly, sociable people with a welcoming nature
- The city is easy to navigate; cabs are plentiful and cheap
- I got around well with my Sesame Street Spanish, but a lot of people speak English
- The city struck me as very safe overall, and seemed quite safe for women
- Obviously tourists go to Buenos Aires, but the city didn't seem overly touristy

I can't say I was enamored enough with Buenos Aires to want to move there, but it was a great vacation experience overall.

Galerias Pacifico.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home