Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Glimpse of suburban living

Went to Connecticut Sunday to visit Matt and Nicole, two former work colleagues. Took the train out of Grand Central Terminal, which is such an awesome building. A woman saw me snapping photos, and we wound up chatting. She told me a good factoid: the clock in the middle of the main concourse is worth ~$20 million because each of the four clock faces are solid pieces of opal. Apparently I had too much time to wander around Grand Central because I wound up buying a sour cream apple walnut pie from the Little Pie Company.

Main concourse of Grand Central.

Architectural detail above the gateways to every track.


Matt and Nicole moved into a house in Wilton, CT 3 months ago. They have two little boys. Sharing is caring: I brought them some real NY bagels to eat, and they introduced me to their pet hermit crabs! We went to a pool club for a couple of hours and later grilled out on the deck at their house. Nothing crazy. I’ve known Matt for about 13 years and Nicole for 9 years. Unfortunately I don’t see them often at all, so it was nice to just hang out & catch up.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home