Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Day of rest (sort of)

The week's heat and shenanigans caught up with me. I was really beat on Sunday. Thankfully it was a good 10-15 degrees cooler Sunday than it had been Wednesday - Saturday. Got bagel, coffee and read the paper in Tompkins Square Park. Also stopped by 6BC Botanical Garden for a bit. This is a very beautiful neighborhood garden that I stumbled upon when I moved downtown 3 years ago. The neighbors have really turned it into an oasis. You almost forget you're in Manhattan when you're sitting inside.

Saw "Broken English," a film starring Parker Posey about a 30-something woman dating in NYC. It was depressingly accurate. Her French love interest reminded me of Kevin Federline, but he came across as a lot less skanky.

Walked all around the Lower East Side. Met up with Grace for afternoon drinks at Luna Park and dinner at Coffeeshop.

View of Empire State Building from Water Taxi Beach.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home