Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Random observations

I actually had work to do Sunday. However, it was a nice day, so I took a break to walk down Ave. B to Houston and back up Ave. A. There was some sort of gathering in Tompkins Sq. Park: a DJ was playing Prodigy-esque music, about a dozen people were hula hooping, and one woman was dancing around with a smoking skillet (presumably incense).

Good thing about Union Square - there's always something going on. Bad thing about Union Square - there's always something going on. Yesterday, there was a rally over the Immigration laws in Union Square. Sarah and I left work a little early, only to find ourselves in the middle of the protest when we got off the subway. Peaceful demonstration, but very crowded! I had to take a big detour to get home, but this gave me an excuse to stop by Dumpling Man to pick up dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home