Monday, October 22, 2007

Multiple uses for iridescent cellophane

Saw Fuerzabruta ("brute force") Friday night with Garet and Ab. It's very entertaining and visually interesting Argentinean dance/performance art. The theatre is a former bank on Union Square that was gutted and turned into a lofty performance space. Basically the audience stands in the middle of the room for the show. Some the action takes place overhead, but the audience also shuffles around to accommodate moving stages. I always felt like I was in the front row. Apparently photography is allowed; but I was too captivated to pull out my camera. Therefore I actually wouldn’t mind going again so I could take pics. PS - can't say I recommend this show for anyone with "spatial issues"; some moments are claustrophobia-inducing.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home